Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Blog and Ye Shall Receive

Initially, some members of this class were a bit apprehensive about sharing their doco ideas with the whole interweb. There was a fear that someone will steal our great ideas. Well, I threw my favorite idea out in my last post and the response has been great.

First, Alastair left a comment that not only informed me that the 'Judas Technique' is a New Zealand thing, he gave me a link to a website I hadn't come across in all my Google searches for combinations of "Judas" "Goat" "Technique" and "Helicopter."

Alastair, who is a filmmakers best friend - not only well informed and well connected, but generous with both - also gave me the hook up with a contact at the DOC office that covers Molesworth Station(where the technique has recently been used)and inquired with an acquaintance in Auckland to see if the technique is still being used there.

Next, in today's class Nick mentioned that an idea he is actively perusing has a possible Judas Technique tie in.

I've had the general idea for this documentary in the back of my mind since last October and it's really cool to see some of the pieces start to come together.

So, I say put your big ideas out there. You aren't gonna get any help if no one knows what you have going on, and you can't do it all yourself.

New Podcast Recommendation:

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dwayne, I found out about your blog just the other night at Tom's wedding and now I check it everyday. Anyways glad to hear things are going well and I am very intrigued by your movie ideas about the Judas Technique. I'll have to shoot you an email one of these days, good luck with everything and keep up the good blogging, keeps me entertained at work.

Mark Orton said...

Hey Dwayne, I'm intrigued about the concept of your film and will look forward to the pitch. From the sounds of things your premise ties in a bit with my research into methods being trialed to keep the feral cat populations under control in Otago and South/Central Canterbury.
Cheers. Mark.

Kat Baulu said...

Nice bigging up of people, Dwayne. Your blog rocks.