Monday, September 04, 2006

Steve Irwin

The man known around the world as The Crocodile Hunter died today. He was filming sequence with a Sting Ray for television.

It seems uncouth to write about it in a blog, but I was really struck and saddened by the news of his death. He always seemed like a good man, enthusiastic and entertaining. After seeing him in so many dangerous situations, it doesn't seem possible that he is gone.

He died doing what he loved, but he was only 44 and had a wife and kids.

Steve Irwin, you will be missed.

1 comment:

erin said...

I just read this terrible news this morning. I discovered it when I was looking through a cute photoshoot of him and his family and at the very end it said R.I.P. When I realised that he had died and how it happened I couldn't believe it. What a wonderful, loving man who was always testing the limits. Now you be careful out there in the field, hear?